Can I change my elections during the plan year?
Your elections cannot be changed during the Plan Year unless you experience one of the following qualified status change events:
- Change in employee's legal marital status
- Change in the number of dependents
- Change in employment status
- Dependent's satisfying or ceasing to satisfy dependent eligibility requirements
- Entitlement to Medicare or Medicaid
- Judgment, decree, or order
The following status change events permit changes to insurance premium contributions only. Changes to Health FSA Benefit elections are not allowed for these status changes:
- Change in benefit cost, benefit coverage or plan options
- Change in residence
The change in your election must be "consistent" with your change in status. For example, if you or your spouse were to go from part time to full time employment, you could increase your Dependent Care election; if you or your spouse were to go from full time to part time employment, you could decrease your Dependent Care election.
For more information click here
Last update on May, 16 2013 by Administrator.