Commuter - Employer
- How many employees do I need to sign up for commuter benefits?
- What are the different types of commuting expenses covered?
- What are the current monthly tax-free allowable limits?
- What expenses aren’t covered?
- What’s the difference between a subsidy and a pre-tax deduction?
- How will my employees get their commuter benefits?
- How do employees use their commuter benefits?
- Can employees redeem commuter benefits for cash?
- Do commuter benefit products come in set dollar amounts or can my employees choose any value?
- How do vanpools work?
- Can my employees get their benefits automatically each month?
- Do I need to keep detailed tax records?
- How long would it take to set up my company’s own commuter benefits program?
- Can my employees get commuter benefit products in any value?
What are the different types of commuting expenses covered?
- Bus, ferry, train, trolley tickets and passes
- Parking expenses: meters, garages and lots
- Vanpool fees
- Bike maintenance and repairs
Last update on April, 25 2014 by Elizabeth Bonney.