Commuter - Employer
- How many employees do I need to sign up for commuter benefits?
- What are the different types of commuting expenses covered?
- What are the current monthly tax-free allowable limits?
- What expenses aren’t covered?
- What’s the difference between a subsidy and a pre-tax deduction?
- How will my employees get their commuter benefits?
- How do employees use their commuter benefits?
- Can employees redeem commuter benefits for cash?
- Do commuter benefit products come in set dollar amounts or can my employees choose any value?
- How do vanpools work?
- Can my employees get their benefits automatically each month?
- Do I need to keep detailed tax records?
- How long would it take to set up my company’s own commuter benefits program?
- Can my employees get commuter benefit products in any value?
How do employees use their commuter benefits?
Employees can redeem commuter benefit vouchers at participating transit operators or use the Commuter Check Prepaid MasterCard®* at transit kiosks or online to purchase transit tickets or passes. If an employee receives the parking benefit, they can use the vouchers or the prepaid MasterCard to pay the parking vendors or opt to have us pay them directly. The same goes for vanpool participants. See Cardholder Agreement for details.
Last update on May, 7 2014 by Elizabeth Bonney.