Commuter - Employer
- How many employees do I need to sign up for commuter benefits?
- What are the different types of commuting expenses covered?
- What are the current monthly tax-free allowable limits?
- What expenses aren’t covered?
- What’s the difference between a subsidy and a pre-tax deduction?
- How will my employees get their commuter benefits?
- How do employees use their commuter benefits?
- Can employees redeem commuter benefits for cash?
- Do commuter benefit products come in set dollar amounts or can my employees choose any value?
- How do vanpools work?
- Can my employees get their benefits automatically each month?
- Do I need to keep detailed tax records?
- How long would it take to set up my company’s own commuter benefits program?
- Can my employees get commuter benefit products in any value?
Can my employees get commuter benefit products in any value?
If you decide to provide your employees with the biking fringe benefit, then those who ride their bikes to work can be reimbursed up to $20 each month for biking expenses. However, in order to get these benefits, bike riders must meet a couple important guidelines:
- Employees cannot use biking benefits along with transit and/or parking benefits.
- Benefits can only be used toward bike equipment and purchases and any costs associated with repairs and storage.
Last update on May, 7 2014 by Elizabeth Bonney.