Commuter Participant's FAQ
- How do commuter benefits save me money?
- What are the different types of commuting expenses covered?
- What are the current monthly tax-free allowable limits?
- What’s not covered?
- How do I get my commuter benefits?
- How do I use my commuter benefits?
- Can I redeem my commuter benefits for cash?
- What if I don’t use all my allocated commuter benefit funds?
- Sounds like a pain. How complicated is it, really?
How do I use my commuter benefits?
Vouchers can be used to purchase transit tickets or passes from participating transit operators or to pay your parking vendor. Our prepaid MasterCard can be used at any transit or parking operator that accepts MasterCard nationwide. Keep in mind that your commuter benefit vouchers or prepaid cards cannot be used to pay fare directly; instead of your tickets and passes, you will still need to purchase your fare directly. We partner with over 3,200 transit operators, parking and vanpool providers and bicycle shops across the country. If your operator does not participate, call us at 800.531.2828, and we will contact them to enroll.
Last update on May, 14 2014 by Elizabeth Bonney.