Commuter Participant's FAQ
- How do commuter benefits save me money?
- What are the different types of commuting expenses covered?
- What are the current monthly tax-free allowable limits?
- What’s not covered?
- How do I get my commuter benefits?
- How do I use my commuter benefits?
- Can I redeem my commuter benefits for cash?
- What if I don’t use all my allocated commuter benefit funds?
- Sounds like a pain. How complicated is it, really?
How do commuter benefits save me money?
The amount of money you set aside to pay for your commute doesn’t count as income, so you’re not taxed on it. By having your commuting costs automatically deducted from your paycheck, you’re actually taking home more money and giving less to Uncle Sam. It’s something you’re going to pay for anyway, so not doing it is like saying no thanks to free money.
Last update on May, 14 2014 by Elizabeth Bonney.